Today we live in an era today where we spend most of our time using one or another mobile app. As per a report by Statista, the following Apple App Store categories have witnessed significant app downloads - games, business, education, lifestyle, utility, and entertainment.
No wonder why the demand for Android and iPhone app development services is continuously thriving.
But have you wondered how these applications are written? Most mobile app development services companies have a dedicated team of app and web developers who use different programming languages, frameworks, and tools to design and develop mobile apps. Here we present a list of some of the most trending and commonly used programming languages by a Mobile app development company in India.
Five Best Programming Language for Mobile App Development
Ranked as the #1 programming language on the IEEE Spectrum list of 2019, Python is the most preferred language used by various iOS and Android Application Development USA companies. Big brands like Google, NASA, Netflix, and Spotify have used Python to develop their products.
Python has turned out to be the most popular choice for mobile app development services providers because:
- Writing application code is faster and easier.
- The structure of language is clean than any other language.
- It is an open-source platform that helps build mobile apps for any platform - Android, iOS, and Windows.
- A lot of Android and iPhone app development India companies use Python to develop winning gaming apps.
- It works best for graphics and animation development.
Swift is the next best programming language, which many iPhone app development India companies use to develop iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux applications. Many developers back Swift due to its promising code for Apple’s latest APIs, Cocoa, and Cocoa Touch, thus it has secured the 9th position on the IEE 2019 list of best programming languages.
Many iPhone app development services agencies vouch for Swift because it:
- Now a free, quick, and open-source programming language.
- Ensures fewer errors more productivity
- 2.6 times faster than Objective-C and 8.4 times quick than Python
- Community to contribute and seek help with the Swift source code
- Most apps like LinkedIn, Khan Academy, and Lyft use Swift to develop their mobile applications
Kotlin is one of Java’s leading alternatives and is preferred by most companies offering Android application development in the USA & global services. This new open-source language is based on Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and that’s why it overrules the flaws of Java 8, thus catching the attention of mobile app development Company India.
Nowadays, companies are looking to hire Android app developers who are veteran in Kotlin, and they prefer Kotlin due to the following parameters:
- Google recognizes the parent company (JetBrain) that created Kotlin for its standard IDE for Android development services.
- It is designed to ensure backward compatibility with many Java and Android-based projects.
- It is easy to use Kotlin in any existing projects without affecting or altering the previous Java codes.
- It offers excellent IDE and tooling support, allowing you to incorporate the Java and Kotlin codes in the same project.
- It is easy to convert old Java files into new Kotlin files.
- It ensures no raw type codes are allowed, thus results in better scalability and credibility.
- Helps in changing and altering the CSS and HTML data of a website
- Eases the process of creating mobile applications
- Saves the bandwidth range and client’s precious time
- Allows to rewrite the server-side code
- Helps in making a rich front-end platform
PHP is a server-side scripting language used for developing dynamic, most unique, secured, and robust web applications. From being trouble-free to providing full integration with MongoDB, Pusher, and Memcache, PHP is wholly packed with features making it a reliable language for Mobile App Development Company India.
Most Android and iPhone app development India based companies prefer to develop mobile apps using PHP due to the following reasons:
- It supports frameworks like Symfony, Aiki, Silex, Zend, AlimPHP.
- It is high performing and scalable.
- Easy to learn and free to use
- It’s easy to maintain PHP based apps and websites.
- Offers protected architecture for the web development
- Saves website from all forms of security threats
The Parting Note:
Apart from those mentioned above major five programming languages, various iOS & Android Application Development USA service providers also use C#, C++, Objective-C, HTML, Ruby, etc., for their custom web and app development needs. We hope you found your best programming language, and thus nothing can stop you from choosing the most agile and robust language for your app.
Let us know in the comment box below which is your favorite programming language and why you prefer them!
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7