Hybrid app development is a boon for developers since they need to create only one app which supports multiple platforms, such as Android, iOS and Windows with little or no extra efforts. Hybrid apps are a cost-effective, robust and efficient choice in the today’s world. Presently, the market is full of innovative and advanced mobile app development frameworks. Let’s dig into the 5 best hybrid application development frameworks that became highly popular in the recent years.
Ionic is believed to be one of the best frameworks that has over 38k Git stars and a large community of developers, offering almost every kind of plugin and native feature you want to add in your application. It is an HTML5 based framework that is designed with native-like UI elements. Its advanced features, predefined elements and shallow learning curve make it one of the most preferred choices for developers for creating PWAs. When paired with Angular JS, Ionic provides unmatchable results.
Why Use Ionic?
- Uses many Angular concepts, so developers don’t need to spend a lot of time to learn the framework.
- Apps built are uncomplicated with simple updates.
- Has a live-reload feature that lets you preview application directly on mobile devices.
- Has all native functionalities and loads of UI components.
- It is easy to read, easy to maintain and highly scalable.
2 JQuery Mobile
Why Use JQuery Mobile?
- Very easy to learn.
- Simple to use.
- Support for numerous mobile browsers.
- Enables better mobile-friendly website.
Owned and managed by the software giant – Microsoft, Xamarin is one of the most brilliant and popular tools for enterprise mobile app development. Xamarin is written using C# which is more improved and advanced language than Objective-C and Java. What makes Xamarin stand out is that it offers the means for directly including C++, Java and Objective-C libraries. This framework is extensively used to create business mobile apps with native look and feel.
- Since it is owned by Microsoft, it provides all the technical assistance required to learn the framework.
- Over 90% code is reusable across different platforms.
- Consistent performance and stability just like native applications.
- Easy to conduct tests.
4 React Native
Why Use React Native?
- It has reusable components that help in rendering hybrid applications natively.
- Ready to use components that speed up the process.
- Extremely responsive and consumes less memory.
- Easy copying of code between Android and iOS.
- A number of social plugins to showcase grid photos, display feeds, etc.
5 Onsen UI
Why Use Onsen UI?
- It is an open source and absolutely free framework.
- Easy to learn and offers semantic markup components.
- Has a number of features, such as screen transition, inbuilt theme roller and much more.
- It supports both jQuery and AngularJS.
In this post, we tried to shortlist some of the best available mobile app development frameworks in the market. Choosing the one depends on your personal goals, methodology and what you want to do with your application. It doesn’t matter which you pick, but you have to be sure that you have selected appropriate hybrid app development services based on your requirements from the trusted app development partner like ManekTech that has years of experience and a pool of skilled developers who possess sound knowledge of all the above-mentioned frameworks.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7
Areas we serve
4100 NW Loop 410, Suite 200, San Antonio, Texas, USA 78229
7 Artisan Place Harrow, HA3 5DS
4th Floor, Timber Point, Prahaladnagar Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 380015